- Make sure that any damage previously incurred to the chimney is quickly repaired
- Check that the mortar is in good shape and repair areas that are crumbling
- Look out that the chimney is not visibly coming away from the building
- Make sure the chimney has sufficient bracing
- It is wise to prevent the areas below, around the chimney from being areas where you would spend time such as areas that children play or outside seating areas.
It is a good idea to frequently check that your chimney is structurally sound. A certified home inspector can advise you on many of the ways you can make sure of this. Please contact us for more information